Wednesday, April 26, 2017

State of the Cassie Address: Many Months Later

Hi!
It's been a while.
You may have been assuming that I haven't updated this blog because everything has been going really well.  And you would be pretty much correct* in that assumption.
Since surgery, life has mostly gotten back to normal.  It's amazing how much of a difference having an open air-way makes.
I mean, it's seems obvious to say that breathing is important, but seriously. Breathing makes a huge difference!
A few months after my surgery, I was at an event at our big NBA stadium.  I was sitting with some friends near the floor,  so there were a couple stories worth of stair to go up to reach the level where concessions and restrooms are.  At one point, I ran up to the top and then realized that I had just run up several stairs and I wasn't winded.  I very nearly cried.
Since then, I've been taking full advantage of these newly available oxygen levels.   I was all set to run a 5K in October, but badly sprained my ankle two weeks before.
So, no 5K, but I've been doing other things.  Last week I went hiking for the first time in years. It was amazing.
I really didn't know how much I was limiting myself and what I was doing until all of a sudden I could do things again.

No comments:

Post a Comment