Monday, October 5, 2015

Little and Big Blessings

Today has been a really good day.

As many of you probably know, I set up my GoFundMe campaign yesterday.  I am so amazed by the responses and contributions I've gotten so far.  Who knew that I knew such wonderful, amazing, generous people?

I'm serious.  I am amazed and overwhelmed by what people are willing to give to help me.  I'm so touched, and I can't even begin to articulate it.  I am so humbled and so thankful; if I get a chance to pay it forward, I will.  I just wish I knew how to really show my appreciation.

So I'm feeling super loved and supported, but today also an amazing thing happened.  I was actually able to take a nap this afternoon!

I've mentioned before that prednisone is the worst thing and one of the side effects is insomnia.  So for the last two weeks I've been super tired, but every time I've tried to sleep, I've completely unable to.  I've also had trouble sleeping at night.  I've woken up early every morning and not been able to fall back asleep.  But, on Saturday I reduced the amount of prednisone I'm taking every day, and now the insomnia is not nearly as bad.

It's gone completely, but I was actually able to sleep when I was tired today.  It's kind of amazing to be able to do that.

A friend who I haven't seen in a very long time came over to visit too.  It was really nice to see him.

I didn't hear from my doctor yet, so no news on the front.  Should hear tomorrow and then I'll really know exactly what I'm doing to get myself feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment