Saturday, October 24, 2015

Mini State of The Cassie Address

First infusion went pretty well.  There were no problems with the infusion itself.  I was super duper tired yesterday, and running at half-spoons today, but that's not completely unexpected.  That fatigue could be either from the infusion or from the GPA, who knows.

I was kind of hoping to be lifted up and energized by finally actually getting some treatment.  Unfortunately, by optimism and patience is kind of wearing thin.  I know I'm on my way to getting better, but I just wish it would go faster.  I really really really want to go back to work, but I don't see how that's going to be realistically possible for another 3-4 weeks at the earliest.

And that complicated things.  I'm starting to worry about money again.  The goal I set for my GoFundMe (which randomly posted to my Facebook yesterday) will cover my lost salary for another couple weeks, but I'm starting to wonder if I should up the goal.  I'm also feeling bad now about asking people for more money because so many people have been so generous.  But being so sick is so expensive, and, well, money is stressful and stress makes healing harder.

To also complicate things, I totally slacked this week about calling my doctor to update/extend my FMLA paperwork because originally he just filled it out for 4 weeks and now I need it for another 4.  And because he's moving in a week, he's hard to get a hold of now. My excuses: I was hoping for a miracle burst of wellness after my first treatment - hey denial is a nice place to hang out sometimes.  And then after the treatment I was ridiculously tired and brain foggy.  Seriously, making a phone call was beyond my reach.  I'll take care of it on Monday.  Can I just say that it's totally not fair to be expected to be a responsible adult and be sick at the same time. It's very hard.

But, there is good news.  The complicated insurance issue (with the doctor moving to a hospital that is not covered) is, well, not resolved, but I'm ok through the end of the year.  Basically, the insurance company is still working out how they're going to handle the whole thing, so they're promising coverage through December, and then we'll see after  that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment