Saturday, October 3, 2015

Second State of the Cassie Address

I saw my doctor yesterday. It was a good appointment. We haven't started any treatment yet, but I already feel so much bette because now I have a plan. No more  waiting around in purgatory.

This appointment was pretty much a matter of deciding how aggressively sick I am (actually, relatively not that bad - none of my really important organs are sick) and how aggressively we should treat it. I have basically two options, which I will probably talk about in a separate post about the treatment history of GPA. Based on test results that should be in Monday or Tuesday, I'll make a decision with my doctor and then we can get started. 

I also got the FMLA paperwork done. After really assessing how I'm feeling, my doctor basically told me to take the rest of the month off. I was surprised by how immediately after that decision I felt so much relief. I knew I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to go to work and try to do my job, but I didn't realize quite how much. Having authoritative permission to let that go took such a huge weight off my shoulders. And having the paperwork done so I can take the time off and still have a job to go back to also really helps. 

So, I still don't feel well. I am very very sick. But I do feel about 300 times less axious and stressed than I did earlier this week. 

There are, of course, still things to worry about. My biggest concern right now, besides, you know, getting my health back, is taking a month off work without pay. We do have some emergency savings, but I'm going to ask you all for help. In the next few days I'm going to set up a gofundme campaign. 

My second biggest concern, besides, you know, getting my health back, is that my doctor is moving his office and will no longer be covered by my insurance. So I will be spending some of my next week home from work talking to my insurance company.

All in all, things are looking up. It will still be a long road, but we'll get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment